Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
If you get regular or repeat prescriptions, you could save time by switching to electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD).
eRD sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery to a pharmacy of your choice. It’s easy to use and you don’t need a computer or electronic device. We may contact you if we think that you are suitable for this process.
eRD allows your GP to prescribe your regular medicines for up to a year. It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they’ll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
Using eRD you can:
- save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to the surgery every time you need to order a repeat prescription
- order or cancel your repeat prescriptions online (if you are also signed up for Online Services)
- pick up your repeat prescriptions directly from your pharmacy without having to visit the surgery
- spend less time waiting for your prescription in the pharmacy
- save paper – you won’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicine from the pharmacy
For more information about eRD and how it works, visit the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/eRD.